Join John Assaraf, Janet Attwood, Joe Vitale and many more in The New Wealth Experience

Sunday, February 3, 2008

THOUGHTS ARE THE SEEDS



One of the most prevalent discussions about The Secret is about people thinking that just focusing on something will eventually get you what you want. Bill Harris talks about this magical thinking on his blog http://www.centerpointe.com/blog/ and states that this is the way to not getting what you want. Another "Secret" teacher Mike Dooley www.tut.com says: "thoughts become things."

When I started to review my thoughts I got really scared because I was thinking things I did not want to happen and I realized things happened in my life I'd never thought of...how is this possible?

After reading The Passion Test by Janet and Chris Attwood I finally realized there are more key factors to your thoughts coming true. Your mind tricks you, you might think you want A, but deep down it's really B that you have a passion for. So first you have to be really clear about what you really want in your life. Janet and Chris developed an easy process to get down to your top 5 passions, be warned you might surprise yourself! ;-)

Thoughts related to your passions are the seeds you plant, then you need to give it attention, or as others have called it "take inspired action". You need to water your seeds and feed it, weed it. When you are clear, your actions speak for themselves, you know which action will help you to get a step closer and which ones will not.

Then you'll have to let it grow, let it go, sit back, relax and enjoy watching your seed maturing in a beautiful flower or tree. In this phase you remain without tension. Intention-attention-no tension.

I am no longer afraid of my thoughts, I just laugh and let go. No matter how often I thought about getting a flat tire because I had over 50.000 miles on them, I did NOT get a flat tire!

One other thing I'd like to mention, I am so grateful for Chris and Janet describing the following: "... spirituality and wealth are complimentary, not mutually exclusive, ways of living life." My belief that it was an impossible combination was one of my major psychological roadblocks and this one sentence was enough for me to finally let it go, wow what a great feeling!!

I can continue to write about this wonderful book, but I'd like you to read it for yourself. Interesting...my puzzle keeps growing and I keep finding more puzzle pieces!

Find yourself and become more of it!

YOXOMO

No comments: