Join John Assaraf, Janet Attwood, Joe Vitale and many more in The New Wealth Experience

Monday, July 21, 2008

JULY?!

I can't believe we are near the end of July and that I didn't post here for over a month! My apologies! As a blogger I feel committed to write at least once a week, so I guess I'll have to work double shifts for the coming weeks! LOL

We had an unexpected move at the beginning of June, luckily we moved within our neighborhood, but unpacking and getting settled took some time.
Summer is also a time we spend mostly outside in the water, as we have the privilege of a community pool behind our townhouse. I take our daughter for a swim 7 days a week, so there's not much time left for "internal" explorations...

When I thought of this blog lately it appeared to me that it actually is a diary of my spiritual journey, so let me update you with the latest places I've been.

I must admit that the traject from The Secret to Eckhart Tolle was a very refreshing one. Honestly I got tired with the chase of being successful, the best you can be etc.etc. and was longing for something that could actually bring me closer to ME.

From Eckhart I learned a lot, about ego and its short fused character. The being PRESENT is a wonderful feeling and something I still exercise every day. It brought me to Thich Nhat Hahn and his teachings are very profound and stripped from any commercial goals, listening to him is like being in an actual monastery.

The past 2 weeks I've immersed myself in the Integral theory and the world of Ken Wilber. From wikipedia: The integral movement (also called the integral paradigm, integral philosophy, the integral worldview, or the integral approach) is a movement that seeks a comprehensive understanding of humans and the universe by combining, among other things, scientific and spiritual insights.

Integral might be said to have both a broad and a narrow meaning. In the larger, generic sense, Integral means whole, complete and holistic, such as body-mind-spirit and East-West. In the narrow or more specific sense it refers to the Integral Yoga and Philosophy of Sri Aurobindo, as well as the Integral Psychology (the term coined by Indra Sen) and Psychotherapy that emerges from it.[1]. Although the basic ideas were first articulated in the early twentieth century, the movement originates with the California Institute of Integral Studies founded in 1968 by Haridas Chaudhuri, a disciple of Sri Aurobindo, who was the first to fully define the idea.


This will take while to study and I enjoy it! When I was watching a Ken Wilber video on youtube I found Adyashanti http://www.adyashanti.org/ and I loved his work! He studied Zen for several decades and his "teachings" are so deep and profound and yet so clear and humble. He is also funny! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYr7KYWVzoE&feature=related

Being accepting (of my complete self in the first place) will make it easier to be accepting of others...I really like to leave that place of judging behind me...

More MO, soon...

YOXOMO

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're on a wonderful path, my friend. don't worry about the frequency of the posts... those of us who know you (as much as we do) understand. The rest can deal with it! :)