Join John Assaraf, Janet Attwood, Joe Vitale and many more in The New Wealth Experience

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

CONSCIOUS AWARENESS

Robert Fludd, Utriusque cosmi maioris scilicet et minoris […] historia, tomus II (1619), tractatus I, sectio I, liber X, De triplici animae in corpore visione.

As I am writing this posting I realize there is the me who writes, who thinks, and the me who observes this all. Who am I? In one of his movies, the comedian W.C. Fields walks into a bank and up to the teller's window. The teller asks, "Can you identify yourself?" Field says " Of course. Do you have a mirror?" When presented one, Fields immediately states, "Yup, that's me!” (From The Big Questions, by Lama Surya Das)

Who am I? I am not my story, my story only contains: experiences, interpretations, and perceptions. My ego, my thoughts, and believes tell the story of the life that I (seem) to have, not the life that I am.

Most people live a happy life without ever becoming fully aware of who they are at the deepest possible level. They might during challenging times wonder for a moment: "Why is this happening to me?" In that moment they experience that there is a "me" that observes themselves...

"Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakes" Carl Jung
Not until I started to meditate, I received glimpses of 'my own me' and what this does besides making me feel incredibly peaceful, it roots you deeper and more intense into your being and the journey we call life.

Be well, Mo

No comments: