Join John Assaraf, Janet Attwood, Joe Vitale and many more in The New Wealth Experience

Thursday, August 9, 2007

MO MONEY

Proverbs and sayings often provide intriguing descriptions of how a certain culture perceives and looks at specific subjects. Being born in the Netherlands kind of infuses you with the idea that money is for the ‘filthy’ rich and that wanting more money is not a desire that belongs to a spiritual person. “Those who own a lot worry a lot about what the own.” This one is also very inspiring: “Once born as a dime, you’ll never become a quarter.”

As I am entering the stage of witnessing myself more and more I found out that I had gathered quite some limiting beliefs about money. Some of them had to do with the fact that I did not deserve it for some reason (not sure what reason) and that I could not be rich and spiritual/caring/compassionate at the same time.

With help from the Sedona Method I was able to release these limiting beliefs and replace them with the positive opposites. I finally understood that money by itself has no value; the value is added when I do something with my money. It is not about what I have, but about how I share it. I want to share more, contribute more, which eventually will return to me in the form of more insight, spirituality, joy and happiness; the true values connected to the continuous flowing stream of our currencies.

I’ll never forget my grandma’s favorite: “There are no pockets in your last jacket!”

No comments: