Join John Assaraf, Janet Attwood, Joe Vitale and many more in The New Wealth Experience

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

PART II

When I look at some of the belief descriptions it occurs to me that belief is a mental construct, a mental act, an acceptance, personal conclusions about reality. A belief is something you acknowledge, you accept it, so you can also change it, as you do now probably no longer believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy. When your beliefs change, your world view changes as well. My experience is a product of interpretations, and as such cannot "prove" my beliefs.

Once we believed the earth was flat. Adventurers were mortally afraid that a ship could sail off the edge of the planet to certain death. People once believed that the sun and moon were just out of the reach of birds. Curious, skeptical minds found ways to gather the evidence needed to deduce that the earth is in fact round, that the sun and moon are quite far away -- and our collective world view likewise changed. Unfortunately, we mistakenly accept beliefs as reality, fearfully clinging to them as we would a life preserver.

When I think about faith I mostly feel attracted to the descriptions of confidence and trust. When I clear myself from limiting beliefs I gain faith. If beliefs can block faith, faith in return removes limitation. Faith is a positive state of mind and surpasses belief in that sense. As Napoleon Hill wrote: “Faith is the “eternal elixir” which gives life, power and action to the impulse of thought.” Why are we driven to search for our source and purpose? Why do we persist in grappling with questions that are beyond our ability to comprehend? These pursuits are evidence of faith: the upwelling of an innate, non-rational "knowing" that there is far more to life than meets the eye!

Letting go of beliefs that no longer serve you, that defy your ability to deepening understanding: is your ticket to emerging faith. Externally acquired beliefs change; indwelling faith endures. Faith informs me that I will come to know who I am by finding the source within.

The ingredients of my recipe for total contentment:
DESIRE – THOUGHTS – FEELINGS – FAITH - BELIEF

No comments: