Join John Assaraf, Janet Attwood, Joe Vitale and many more in The New Wealth Experience

Monday, August 6, 2007

Pushing Past the Dip

I've never really aimed for being the best. Although...I am very much a perfectionist in most things I do! LOL Just as I discussed with a good friend, the question why so many people (including myself, until lately) chose to live a mediocre life, I received this article from the website www.changethis.com “The relentless rush to be mediocre”. Here’s a great example of how ‘The Universe” aligns you with your thoughts…

“Pushing through the dip” is a new book by Seth Godin (what a beautiful name by the way). It’s about avoiding temptation and gravity and becoming the best in the world. He is very clear on describing that anybody can be the best in his/her certain world, it’s not about being the best in the whole world…It’s about pushing your limits, transcending your comfort zones and live life to the max.

I remember this Dutch saying that describes so well how ‘important’ it is to fit in and do what you are supposed to do: “Act normal, because that is weird enough”.

I guess I'll be weird ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mo... I'm fairly certain we all choose to be weird in some ways. I like to think it's a positive thing.

You are most certainly correct in stating that most choose to live a mediocre life. I hear it all the time. "I only want to pay my bills and get by." or "How much does one need anyway? I simply want to smell flowers and soak up sun... and get by."

I feel that if we strive for the most we can, thereby generating prosperity, we will be able to do more for those we love and care about.

Just my opinion of course.

And Mo... stay weird... in an "a-muse-ing" way. : )

YOXOMO said...

A-musing-ing yourself is the key!